The Datatag Vehicle Identification Award Course, accredited with the IMI (Institute of the Motor Industry), was developed from a demand from operational Police officers needing a greater understanding of what they were looking at when stopping vehicles.
The course covers most aspects of detailed vehicle identification and appeals to a wide range of law enforcement frontline staff, intelligence staff and those using DVLA, PNC and other record keeping systems on a regular basis. More recently Datatag has seen attendees from insurance and leasing companies wishing to advance their understanding of vehicle examination.
Feedback from the most recent course shows that students are getting a great deal of valuable information from it…
PSNI DC Dave Skillen said ‘A very concise and full course, with a great deal of information’, whist Avon & Somerset’s PC Murray commented ‘A very good course, with a trainer with a great deal of knowledge’.
Richard Marriott from insurance company Zurich also praised the course leader in particular saying ‘A detailed course delivered in a methodical way by experts in the field’.
By the conclusion of the course students will have covered the following;
- the nature and extent of vehicle theft
- the DVLA registration system
- vehicle chassis numbers – how to read them
- using PNC-VODS as an investigative tool and ‘PNC Corruption’
- open source databases relating to vehicles
- common ‘ringing’ methods (physical and paper) and recognition of fake or altered chassis numbers and plates
- basic vehicle examiners tool kit
- health and safety awareness re: vehicle examinations
- preliminary vehicle examination
- written inspection reports and evidential statements
At the recently held course top student was PC Rob Squire from Hertfordshire Police Traffic Department who scored an impressive 96% in his final exam!
Datatag Police Liaison Manager and course leader Vince Wise, said “These courses we deliver are vital in ensuring our law enforcement agencies are up to speed on vehicle identification and the feedback we receive clearly shows the benefit they recognise as a result of taking the course.”
This course is just one which Datatag deliver to help increase the knowledge base of UK law enforcement.
To find out more visit www.datatag.co.uk/training.php